Friday, January 23, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba...

Once you have kids you learn more about kids TV shows than you ever wanted to know. All shows are basically the same you learn the alphabet, shapes and how to count. Everything is normal and predictable except one show, Yo Gabba Gabba. This show premiered on Nick Jr. in August 07 and the first time I watched it I was in awe.

This show is fascinating. The characters, skits, songs and cartoons on this show are always so "out there" that you can't stop watching. Kady has finally really started liking the show for about the past 6 months. She knows all the songs and dances and loves all the characters. There are 6 main characters (in order of picture): Muno, Foofa, Plex, Brobee and Toodee. In front is DJ Lance he is the leader of all the characters. There is always a special guest or musical guest in each episode. Here are some of the people that have been on: Tony Hawk, The Aquabats, Elijah Wood, The Ting Tings, Sugarland, The Shins and lots more.

Right now I'm enjoying Biz Markie's - Biz's Beats of the Day where your child learns a new beat boxing technique every day. It's great when your 3 years old is saying, "wicky wicky wicky and making beat box sounds. She also says, "Mama are you ready??" and when I say yeah she says, "OK NOW BREAK IT DOWN!" Knowing how to break it down is a skill that she will need later in life.
If you have time go to YouTube and search the show. You will see for yourself how unique the show is and you to will be hooked. I suggest searching the songs, Party in my Tummy or Snacky Snack Snack.
I should tell my mom to start planning the Yo Gabba Gabba birthday cake for Kady this year. I'm gonna need some volunteers to dress up like the characters...anyone interested?

No comments: