Thursday, May 7, 2009

Wicked (Con't)...

Wicked was awesome! Mom and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. I was very pleasantly surprised with the whole production.

We started our night out at PF Chang's and then headed over to the Moran Theater. It was all lit up with green lights and very festive. During intermission we walked outside and enjoyed the view of the St. Johns River and then decided to get a drink with a souvenir "wicked" cup. At that time we hear the warning that there is only 5 minutes until show time starts again. If you don't make it back in time they won't let you back in until a specified time later in the show so mom was paranoid. I was not very worried because I've talked my way backstage at to many concerts to count to let some tiny gray haired man stand between me and my seat. Anyhoo, after getting our drinks and hearing the warning announcement we also decided to go the bathroom and we were in and out of there in a flash. As we are walking back to our door the man said you better hurry and right when me and mom walked in he shut the door behind us. This totally thrilled my mom who felt like she had gotten over on someone.

Once we sat down Mom had to muffle her fits of laughter from still feeling like she beaten the system. I'm sure that will be her favorite story to tell from the whole outing. After she calmed down we enjoyed the rest of the show and then headed home. We didn't get home till almost midnight and I had a 6:30 flight to catch the next morning. Even though it was a long day it was well worth it.

No comments: