Friday, May 15, 2009

Trip out West - Part 4

The next morning we hit the road for California. I don't think either us was looking forward to the long drive home. We stopped at a Denny's off the strip and had Amy's birthday breakfast. I made the guy bring her a piece of cake. The trip seemed quicker on the way back but still by the time we got back to California we were delirious.

Our original plan was to unload the car and head out to Los Angeles to see the sights but we were drained! We went over to the hot tub in her apartment complex and soaked our feet for about an hour. Walking in flip flops for miles over 3 days is not great for your feet. We made plans for dinner and went out with two of her friends to a restaurant that was really good. It was such a cute little place and the food yummy. This is where Amy got her second birthday cake.


We got to bed around midnight that night and got up at 5AM the next morning to get me to the airport to catch my plane. It was a whirlwind weekend but we I feel like we did so much. It was a fun trip and I'm glad I got to visit Amy. I was so ready to get home and see Jamie and Kady. When I got Kady she seen it was me and ran to me with her arms out shouting oh Mommy, Mommy. It was the perfect end to my trip.

No comments: