Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Hanna Montana or no Hanna Montana...that is the question!

We recently went to a 4 year old's birthday party and I was a little shocked. Pretty much every gift the little girl received was Hanna Montana (HM)themed. All the little girls were going crazy over the HM dolls, HM clothes, and a HM alarm clock. Yeah I said alarm clock. I don't think I got an alarm clock till middle school and it certainly didn't play "Best of Both Worlds" to wake me up. Keep in mind all of the kids at this party was 2 - 5. I swear to you there was a 2 year old with a HM shirt on. Jamie will vouch for this because I knew nobody would believe me.

I asked a girl sitting next to me, whose daughter just turned 4 about the HM issue. She replied, "She went straight from Dora and Backyardigans to HM!" To which I replied, "You should have changed the channel." Not that I don't like Miley Cyrus, I mean just ask Amy we have some killer dance moves for her song See You Again.

I just think that 3 years old is a little young for that sort of show. This is the age where they are learning letters, numbers and how to read. Kady does not need to know how to deal with two boyfriends or a best friend who told a secret about her. For now I'll continue to change the Disney Channel after Little Einsteins and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse end. I'll just wait for the day when I find Kady sneaking around watching HM, High School Musical and listening to the Jonas Brothers while eating her goldfish crackers and drinking her sippy cup. For now she will continue to play with dollhouses, coloring books, and other age appropriate toys.

By the way, when I was younger there was a show called Punky Brewster on TV. I loved this show. My mom hated the show. She would refer to it as Pukey Brewster. I guess I'm turning into my mom. Editors Note: My mom still calls her Pukey Brewster.

No comments: